Hair oils: How to prepare them at home
January 11, 2019
Hindusek hairstyles do not resemble ours, because Indian residents hołdują another canon of beauty, associated with tradition and climatic conditions. It is an oil ritual, through which hair not only smells nicely, but also shine in the sun, are healthy and strong. Sounds inviting? No wonder the holiday sun has also made havoc on our heads. Well, we do essential oils!
But first it is necessary to determine which of the bioenergy: Vata, Pitta or kapha, called Doszami, dominates our lives and determines the needs of our body. Ayurveda, a traditional Indian medicine, focuses on achieving a balance between them. There are all three bioenergys in each of us, but always one of them is dominant.
If your hair is thin, dry, and have split tip, your health and beauty rules Vata. In this category we also include curly hair;
Normal hair, przerzedzające and prone to too fast siwienia have people with Pitt’s dominant energy.
Kapha corresponds to thin hair.
For hair care type Kapha excellent are the seeds of the Neem tree. For the production of cosmetics is mainly used oil of these seeds, rich in azadirachtynę, a substance with potent antibacterial action, antifungal.
Brahmi is recommended for hair type Vata. It is a powder obtained from Herpestis Monniera, a plant widely used in Ayurveda. It relieves inflammation and cleanses the skin because it contains natural saponins. Brahmi strengthens and nourishes hair bulbs, which inhibits their prolapse and also delays the emergence of treatment. Thanks to the slight darkening of the hair shade, it also masks siwiznę1, 3.
On the other hand, Pitt’s hair is Bhringarai, a plant used in natural medicine as a means for hair growth, which darkens slightly. Bhringarai also strengthens the hair follicles and affects the scalp: moisturizes it, relieves irritation, prevents dandruff
An important addition to essential oils
Vegetable oils are also needed to prepare hair oils. So it’s worth knowing their properties to use the ones that are most appropriate for our hair type.
Almond oil has a moisturizing effect and is recommended for dry skin as well as for dried and brittle hair. Removes impurities from the skin surface and also from hair follicles. It is rich in vitamins and mineral salts, nourishes the skin perfectly. Relieves symptoms of psoriasis. It contains magnesium, zinc and calcium-minerals, whose skin shortages cause hair loss. These properties are recommended for people with przerzedzającymi hair.
Sesame oil intensely moisturizes and regenerates. It has a soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. It gently warms the scalp, improving its blood supply, which contributes to better nourishing the hair and stimulating their growth. It also closes the cuticles, making the hair shiny, smooth and resistant to fractures and splitting of the ends.
Coconut oil helps to rebuild hair structure by supplying them with proteins and trace elements. It stimulates the onions for regeneration, is useful when we fight against dandruff.
The oil strengthens the hair structure and moisturizes the scalp. It smoothes hair and makes them shiny and easy to comb. Additionally, it lightens lightly.
So for dominants Vata the best is almond or sesame oil, for pitta-coconut oil, and for the Kapha-sesame oil or olive. Let’s apply this knowledge in practice.
Hair Oils Step by step
Since we know all the ingredients that should be used as well as the rules for combining them, we can prepare the oil for the care of our włosów1.
1. Choose the right oil and specific herb or ready-made mixture of herbs (can be purchased online). If you use some vegetable raw materials, eg. Leaves, fruits and seeds, mix them thoroughly before odmierzymy the desired amount.
2. Wsypujemy One teaspoon of a mixture of herbs or one łyżeczce of individual herbs into a small bowl. Add one łyżeczce of boiling water to each teaspoon of the herb used.
3. Stir the herbs vigorously with water and leave for at least 2 hours.
4. Put the mixture into a small pot and add 4 teaspoons of the selected vegetable oil to each wsypaną teaspoon of the herb.
5. Heat the whole unit for at least one hour on a little heat, stirring periodically.
6. Przecedzamy the oil through the gauze into the glass container and wait for it to cool to room temperature.
7. Heat the oil over low heat for about 20 minutes to evaporate the water.
8. Studzimy the oil and pour it into a dark, glass container. Screw tightly.